Welcome to the Room 42 Book Blog. This is our interactive reading project that the students of the fifth grade at Manor Hill will be working on throughout the 2007-2008 school year. This blog is not, however, intended for just students. Click on the link at the right “more information” to find out all of the details about this project. Happy Reading!

Thursday, August 30, 2007

Parents

Parents, this is the section for you. Please participate in our Blog by adding books that you are reading. Don't worry if you are not reading a kids book, it is important for the kids to see that adults read, no matter what they read. Take a look at my section of the blog to see how I put in the non kid books that I read. I know the kids will be excited to see what you have to say about the books you are reading. Also, don't forget that you can comment on any of the students blogs to let them know what you think about what they are reading. We look forward to hearing from you!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tiffany C said...

How fun that everyone gets to share the books they are reading, and comment on books read by others. I look forward to seeing what everyone is interested in and who is reading what books. Right now I'm looking for a good book to start, so there should be plenty of ideas here. The books that I tend to pick up while 'between' other books are in the "useless information" and "curiosities" section of the library. Currently, I'm about halfway through 'The Encyclopedia of Useless Information' by William Hartston. It has lots of fun facts like this one: "On April 20, 1987, Fukashi Kazami of Japan became the first person to reach the North Pole on a motorcycle."
--Tiffany C. (Madison's mom).

Tuesday, September 18, 2007

 
Blogger Stacy H. (Brittany's Mom) said...

I have been reading the Mark Twain award books along with Brittany. The one that I have enjoyed the most so far is Wingnut. It is such a touching story! I think we all can relate to the narrator in how we feel about our parents when we are young.

Mrs. Whalley and I had a conversation about the Mark Twain books and she asked me if I had read Wingnut yet. She had also read it and loved it just as much as I did. I highly recommend it!

Sunday, October 07, 2007

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Room 42,
It's been interesting reading through your posts & comments. We are a fourth grade class in Edgewood, Washington (state). In class we've read, Fourth Grade Rats by Jerry Spinelli, and I'm currently reading InkSpell by Cornelia Funke. Have a great year, & keep up the great work!
Mr. Wolfe & Class
http://mr.wolfe.typepad.com

Wednesday, October 24, 2007

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home